Name: Tatsuya Ueda
Date of Birth: 4th October 1983
Birthplace: Kanagawa, Japan
Family: Parents, grandmother, & an older sister
Pets: 2 dogs
Blood Type: B
Weight: 52kgShoe Size: 26cm
Vision: 0.2 in both eyes
Waist: 64.8 centimeters
Hips: 84.8 centimeters
Joined Johnny's Jrs: 20th June 1998 (corrected - thanks for pointing it out!)
Reason for Joining Johnny's: Likes Imai Tsubasa
His bands before KAT-TUN: BBA,
Education: High school graduate
Talents: Basketball, guitar, piano, speaks English and French
Hobbies: Basketball, shopping, guitar
Favorite Colour: Black and red
Favorite Season: Winter
Favorite Part of Body: Hands
Favorite Animal: Dolphin
Spaghetti, Steak, Sashimi, Caesar's salad
Favorite Things to Do: Read comics in the bathtub, play basketball & guitar
School Subject: History
Favorite Word: "Effort"
Favorite Phrase: "Will you
Favorite Johnny's Sempais: Domoto Tsuyoshi & Tsubasa Imai
Ideal Type of
Girl: Older, joyful, can cook and clean and change a light bulb, is not stupid, is outgoing and has a pretty
Why we love Ueda
Many people, when they saw Ueda for the first time, thought he was strange. He doesn't say much, wears some odd
clothes, is adorned with spikes and seems to be lost in another world. He goes through some different stages: sometimes he'll
be very serious and hard-working, giving his all to the performances he does. Other times, he'll seem sullen and unattentive,
and his work looks half-hearted. These are not just the mood-swings of some celebrity. Ueda is a complicated person, and those
who can't see his good side are just not looking closely enough.
Ueda has gone through some changes since joining KAT-TUN. He used to be quite depressive and had a bleak outlook on the
future. He was concerned that he didn't have much of place in the band - not because of any ego, just because he wanted to
belong. People often asked him what his role was in the band, what he planned to be in the future, and what he would bring
to KAT-TUN. This troubled him, because he didn't know.
As fans, we don't know for sure what went on during that time, but we saw the transformation. It seemed like Kamenashi
Kazuya took Ueda under his wing, befriended him, and tried his best to protect him. It didn't take long for Ueda to start
coming out of his shell, and soon he was an optimistic, important member of the group. Now he has the brightest smile
in the whole of the Johnny's and a renewed confidence.
His band-mates all agree that he is an interesting character, and many describe him as "pure". He has also been described
as the "cool" member, but this isn't the typical kind of "cool". Ueda is not a huge follower of fashion, he isn't pretentious
or "tough", doesn't try to fit in with the crowd, and has a sensitivity that most "cool" people would look down on. Ueda has
a style and smoothness that cannot be summed up in words. He is unique, and that is what his fans truly admire about him.
Most people don't have the imagination to see fairies, as Ueda does. Likewise, many people aren't able to appreciate
the true greatness of Ueda. So, open your minds, take a closer look at the little Elf-like artist, and maybe, someday you,
too, will see fairies...
Become one of Ueda's Fairies! Feel free to use this picture on your websites, blogs, e-mail and forum signatures etc.
上田のクオート ・Ueda's Quotes
"With different people I'm with, I change into one of my many me's and use that."
"I hate stupid girls."
"I'm a guy who likes to look cool whatever he does."
"My ambition is to become popular with the girls of the entire nation. I'll attain it by the time I'm 24."
"I see fairies."
"I wish I can have a hot and serious relationship."
上田の実態 ・Facts about Ueda
- As a child, he witnessed a man being killed.
- He went to an all-boy's school.
- When J-Rock star Gackt found out that Ueda was a huge fan of him, he gave him his special Gackt necklace. Ueda wears it
- He joined the Johnny's because he admired Tsubasa Imai so much.
- He is a sensitive person, and is easily hurt by what others say.
- Band-mate Kamenashi befriended him when they formed KAT-TUN and always looks out for him.
- Ryo Nishikido from NEWS/Kanjani8 is sometimes cruel to Ueda. After Kamenashi asked Ryo not to question Ueda about his
ambitions, telling him that Ueda gets upset that he isn't sure about it, Ryo publicly questioned him again. Then, early this
year, Ryo announced that he hates Ueda most of all the Johnny's.
- Ueda has written many songs, often under pen-names.
- He learned to play the piano as a child, but now prefers the guitar.
- He speaks/is learning both English and French (the same as his idol, Gackt).
- He used to want to be a teacher, but decided against it after realising that he might be assigned to an all-girls school
(he says he would be too nervous).
- His current long-term amibition is to direct classical music, while at present he has a share in creating KAT-TUN's music.
- His favourite part of himself is the "sexy" mole on his shoulder.
- He wants to name his future daughter "Elizabeth", but because Japanese people would find it difficult to pronounce, he'd
shorten it to "Eri/Eli".
- On the basketball team in school, he says he was very good.
- He sometimes wears blue contact lenses.